Minecraft - Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Haven!

Go down

Welcome to Haven! Empty Welcome to Haven!

Post  Mishrathium Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Welcome to Haven,

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

My name is Mishrathium. I have played Minecraft off and on for over a year. I have been a builder, a tradesman, a villainous pvper a Lord and a Hermit. I have been promoted to mod, donator, admin, wizard, coder, event creator and more on over 6 servers in that time. I love minecraft. I love how open ended it is. With that said in my long journey I have found what "I" believe keeps things fresh. This will not be for everyone but I do believe it will be for many.

I think you can only make so many castles. I think you can only pwn so many people. I think you can only be a mod for so long. The game evolves. People come and go. What is important changes. How to you keep the world "Exciting" and "Fun"?

To me, you need a defined ruleset that keeps players in one world with defined ways they can build, protect, explore, quest, pvp and gain ranks. Give them multiple paths of fun and ways to show the progress they have made vs other players. Otherwise shouldn't we just play singleplayer?

Conflict causes excitement. Players need to be able to protect what they own. Groups must be able to be formed. Loners should be able to be alone. People with 30 mins to play should be able to login, run a quest, say hello, mine a bit and be on their way. Server Staff need to understand the core server ruleset and stick to it as closely as possible. And every now and then - there needs to be spice. Events, interaction and a way for those in the community to come together. You must admit that shifty guy coming towards you with a Diamond Sword on your property.. Gets your heart pounding doesn't it?

I believe we are creating this environment. I believe I will keep staff who can do this and trim fat very quickly. I know not everyone will enjoy this. Thats ok! There are tons of other places they can go play.

So with all that said, I welcome you to Haven. I ask you to take some time and learn the server rules (which are meant to add excitement protection and definitions to keep a level headed community)

I hope you enjoy your stay. Have feedback? I'd love to hear it! Not happy with the server ruleset - I wish you well on your journeys.

Sincerely,
(Admin) Mishrathium

~Mish

Mishrathium
Admin

https://mchaven.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down